Disputes or Complaints

 Home / Feedback / disputes or Complaints
What To Do If You Have A Dispute Or Complaint?
We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. If at any time we have not met our obligations – or you have a complaint about any of our services – please inform us so we can work towards a resolution. We will endeavour to deal with your complaint promptly, thoroughly and fairly.
How To Make A Complaint And The Complaints Process?

If we have a complaint, we request you follow these steps:

Should you have a concern with Binding Financial Services / BFS Finance, or one of our staff, please contact Col Binding, Director to discuss the matter, or if it is easier, complete our Feedback Form detailing your complaint.

We will investigate your complaint as a matter of priority.

Third Party Products or Services

If your complaint relates to a product or service acquired through a third party (for example, a lender) we may ask you to contract the relevant third party.  They will deal with your complaint under their complaints resolution process.

If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint by the third party under their complaints resolution process, you are entitled to have your dispute considered by their External Dispute Resolution Scheme.  Please contact the third party for further details.

Keeping You Informed

We undertake to acknowledge our receipt of your complaint within one business day, and to keep you updated on the progress of our investigation on a regular basis.  If you wish to know the progress at any other time, contact us and we will be happy to advise you during the term of our investigation.

Still Not Satisfied?

If you do not think we have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may take the matter – free of charge – to the relevant External Disputes Resolution Scheme (provided it is within the scheme’s terms of reference) as detailed below.  You may also refer the matter to the relevant External Disputes Resolution Scheme at any time, but if our internal process is still in progress, they may request that our internal processes be complete before considering the matter further.

If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority, or AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.

  • Telephone:  1800931 678 (free call)
  • Website:  www.afca.org.au
  • Email:  info@afca.org.au
  • In writing:  Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001

Contact BFS

  •   Level 1 8/80 Sixth Street, Maroochydore, QLD 4558
  •   1300 783 676
  • col@bfsfinance.com.au
  • Australian Credit License No: 387590